School of Communications
Ahead of the curve.
You’re curious. You’re creative. You see stories everywhere, and you want to tell them with words, pictures, video and interactive technology. You may want to be a video producer, photojournalist, reporter, web designer, public relations specialist or advertising copywriter. No matter where you want to go, Point Park’s School of Communication will help you get there.
We offer undergraduate degree programs that will give you the skills, training and expertise needed to launch your communication career. If you’re looking to further your education, we also have a hands-on graduate program. Plus, Downtown is the center of Pittsburgh’s robust media industry, so at Point Park, you’ll be right in the middle of everything.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Broadcast production and programming
- Broadcasting reporting
- Mass communication
- Public relations and advertising
Other undergraduate programs
- Integrated marketing communications (Saturday Fast program)
- Secondary education-mass communication (collaborative effort with the Education Department)
We offer an M.A. in journalism and mass communication and, in conjunction with the School of Business, an M.A./M.B.A. program. Most courses are offered in the evening to fit your schedule.
- Master of Arts in journalism and mass communication
- M.A./M.B.A. with concentrations in: public relations and advertising management, print/digital media management, and broadcast/digital media management